|PSB045||G||0.0450 in||41.520 lbs|
- Coating: Uncoated
- Tuning: Standard
- Number Of Strings: 5
- Scale Length: Long
- Set Type: Sets
- Wrap Material: Stainless Steel
- 5 String version of our popular hybrid EPS165 which combines EPS170 and EPS160 for ideal combination of tone and feel with bigger bottom end
- D'Addario's brightest and most magnetic bass strings offering harmonically rich, deep and penetrating tone
- These strings are designed for long scale basses (34”+) and have a taper at 36 – 7/8”
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
- String Gauges: Wound .045, .065, .085, .105, .135
WHY DOES THE BALL END SIDE OF THE LOW B STRING FOR MY BASS HAVE A TAPER?
Many 5-string bass players prefer a tapered end for the low B string. This allows the heavier gauge low B string to be positioned on the bridge more evenly with the other 4 strings. The taper can also improve the clarity of the fundamental tone, which improves intonation.